Hi! You know every now and then you see people on IG doing those intro posts? And you’re like “oh fun, I didn’t know that about them!”
I did one the other day because I’m doing this fun Reels challenge experimenting with my content and realized that it’s totally rare to see those kind of emails or blogs from brands outside of a welcome sequence or about me on a website!
But I love them and I think they’re so interesting, so why the hell not write an email re-introducing myself and then repurposing that content onto my blog? Hello, work smarter not harder life!
Here goes! Meet me, Allison Carter, hi! I’m the founder and head biznatch in charge of Allison Carter Celebrates!
Who am I and what the heck do I do all day?!
I’m a Seattle mom of two, married to my high school sweetheart and a visibility and personal branding coach for creative entrepreneurs.
I started as a party planner and subscription box owner and received a lot of media attention (Oprah, Martha Stewart, Forbes, Better Homes and Gardens, etc.) in the celebration industry gaining me big time visibility and credibility…and a lot of sales, yay!
Small businesses started asking me how I was doing it (i.e. “how much do you pay for that?” – spoiler alert, I’ve never paid for PR) and I realized how much I loved teaching them…and I was dang good at helping them get their businesses featured too!
Now I teach creative entrepreneurs how to be their own PR agents, helping them get way more eyeballs on their business while building a personal brand that feels FUN and unique to them! Dream life!
I have a PR membership called the Basic Pitch Club, run rad personal branding and visibility retreats that are the most epic girls biz getaway week ever (join the waitlist for the next one here!), and am the co-host of Ultimate Product Party, an annual 2 day creative conference I run with my best friend!
Now here’s the good stuff…some random ass facts about me!
- I have no sense of smell…since childhood before the big C made it cool…and because I know your next question…NO! It doesn’t affect my taste.
- I live for a girls night or trip. Spending time with girlfriends breathes life into my soul and is one of my major reasons I started hosting retreats and events!
- I have ADHD and have always been hesitant to meds until this year when I decided to try it and my whole life changed- for the better. It’s been a total game changer and eye opener to what I’m truly capable of!
- I’m a massive reader. It’s my happy place and the ONE thing I do that completely quiets my brain. I listen to thrillers on audio and read spicy romance books on my kindle! Any recs? Spicier the better!
- My husband and I are high school sweethearts but actually went to the same preschool also! We got married on my parent’s anniversary…also high school sweethearts!
- I hate rules. I can’t stand someone else deciding how my family and I are going to live our lives. It’s a huge part of me being my own boss and why I’ve always struggled working for others. My life, my rules. My biz, my rules.
- I’m a yes friend. You need to hang out? Call me. You want to hop on a plane and escape? Call me. I’m pretty much up for anything and everything…as long as it’s fun!
- I was a swimmer my whole life. I don’t like sweat or getting hurt so swimming in my own little lane was great for me. And water is my happiest place. We live right next to a lake and it’s where I go when I need to calm down and ground myself.
- My biggest fear is mayo. It can’t talk about it, see it, nope. Sick. I’m out.
K, spill! Your turn!! Head over to my IG and shoot me a DM saying hi and tell me something random about you!
And PS to all my biz owning baddies! This is a GREAT email for you to send to your list that helps build your personal brand and relationship with your community! Do a fun little write up introducing yourself, sharing some random fun facts that build connection and invite your subscribers to reply back! AND you can repurpose this content even further by making it a Reel! Check out my intro Reel that sparked this whole idea!