Meet my friend and table-setting extraordinaire, Jennifer Kirlin!
Jennifer is an incredibly talented brand and party stylist with her company BellaGrey Designs. She creates the most stunning parties and tablescapes, and she is breaks them down and give us all her best tips and tricks for creating our own on this podcast episode!
Her business and blog, BellaGrey Designs (Bella for her daughter and Grey for her son), started with a fairy party with her daughter. Jennifer had a hard time finding supplies and decor she needed for the party so she decided to create her own. Decorating that party sparked her business, which is now thriving. And now Jennifer is a master at setting beautiful tables!
How to Start Your Table
1. Find the focal point and build from that
2. Then the foundation- the linens
3. Then texture and layering
4. Finish with the details
Pro tip #1: There is no right or wrong way to set a table- have fun and be creative with it!
Focal point ideas:
- Pumpkins, pumpkins, tree branches, fallen leaves- use inspiration from nature to bring the outdoors in
- A beautiful set of dishes
- A colorful linen
Pro tip #2: Shop your house!
- What do you like? What can you use that you already have? What textures may work with your table theme?
- Wander around your house, store it all in one room, then take inventory or what you have, and then make your shopping list. This saves you so much money!
Pro Tip #3: Once you shop your house, set a practice table! This gives you the start of your vision and lets you see what else you need to pick up at the store. This also helps alleviate your stress when going into party day because you already know what the table is going to look like!
Setting the table 3 different ways: one set of dishes- 3 different ways
- Semi formal
2 must have pieces for any table or party to have in your hostess arsenal? (affiliate links follow- see disclosure)
Table Setting #1: Formal, Wintery, and Warm
Table Setting #2: Semi Formal, burlap, texture
Table Setting #3: Casual, easy, everyday
Table Setting Checklist
The steps you need to follow to create your own stunning table! Doesn’t it feel so great to check off the boxes and know you are creating something beautiful you can be proud of?
- where do you want to pull the eye? Centerpiece? Dishes? New glasses?
- Decide on this and build out from here
- Example used: centerpiece of washed out pumpkins: whites, light orange, grays
Foundation: The Linens
- Example: burlap is great for the pumpkins
- Napkin has a ruffle or napkin ring
- Use layers to get great texture- tablecloth, runners, placemat, charger, big plate, small plate, napkin
The Little Details
- Something themed for the center of your plate: a small pumpkin, pinecone with a placecard, a menu card, an ornament, etc. Have fun with this part!
- Little tucks on the table- candles (unscented), greenery
Number one Pro tip? Find that ONE focal point.
Pro tip #4: Skip the tablecloths and go right to the fabric store to get exactly what you need. Super cost effective! Also grab some seam binding to make the edges nice and crisp without sewing! Such a smart tip!
I loved Jennifer’s favorite family tradition! She told us about a game called, “Best Part of Your Day.” This gets the conversation started at dinner and opens lines of communication. It leads to more detail being shared and grows that bond. She even does it when her kids have friends over and they look forward to it too! She did this growing up and has passed it on to her family. Love that!
Go connect with Jennifer and say hi!
We both would LOVE to see your tables also! Share with us!
My Halloween Celebration Guide! This guide is FULL of easy but memorable ideas to make this Halloween extra special this year. Decor, treat ideas, menu plans, activities, and more are all waiting for you! The guide also comes with 3 free printables for you to use as decor or at a fun celebration! Use the code PODCAST at checkout for 20% off!
Grab your guides here!
Please SUBSCRIBE to the show, SHARE with your friends, and leave a REVIEW! This helps get the show in front of even more mamas, and allows me to get awesome guests who are going to blow your mind!
Head on over to my free Facebook group, Memories in Moments Insiders! There you’ll find additional resources to support each episode, more information on guests and how you can connect with them, visual and video tutorials, and best of all, connection as we navigate parenting and making memories together!
Follow Along On Instagram!